My Blog List

Monday, February 15, 2010

FS: 2nd sem, first day observation

February 5, 2010
Friday
I had my first FS observation for the 2nd semester on this day. Gomez Elementary School (Building II) is my cooperating school with Mrs. Marissa Norada as my cooperating teacher. I arrived at Building II around 7:15 in the morning. They are already having their flag raising ceremony. After that, they hAd their first friday mass. It is past 8:30 when the students from primary grade were allowed to go to their respective classrooms. Because the students from the intermediate level and the band members remained. After the meeting of the band members, the Meeting de Avance of the student candidates for the student government followed. I was amazed by the leadership shown by the students. I went to the classroom of my cooperating teacher immediately after the Meeting de Avance. Mrs. Norada is handling Grade 1 students, section 3. She was already teaching when I entered the classroom. She was having her story telling using the book, in connection to her topic in Filipino. After she did the story telling, she asked some questions to the students and continue her lesson. She wrote some examples to the blackboard and made some exercises for the students to answer. When her lecture was done, she gave assignments to the students before they go home. I left after the students went home around 11:15 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment